Wisdom is calling
Kia Ora Whanau,
Gabby here. This update is coming to you all the way from California! I may be far away but I couldn't help but listen in on the amazing message Richard gave last Sunday (you can find it too on our St Toms website, here ).
We were beautifully led into a deeper understanding of wisdom, and the fact that Jesus is God's wisdom personified. We can often get disheartened and feel like he is unattainable. But just like Lady Wisdom is calling from both the high places and the low places, the streets and the gates to the city, inviting people to come and eat at the banquet she has prepared (Prov 1:20-21, 8:1-3, 9:2-5), so does Jesus. He is anywhere and everywhere we need him to be, constantly calling to us, welcoming us into close relationship with him. So close in fact that we are invited to eat and drink the bread and wine he has give (salvation).
As this week draws to an end, pay attention to where Jesus is standing in you life, and to the wisdom he is offering.
He's always with you, so keep your eyes on him.
This week’s message:
• If you've been missing Soup and Stories as much as I have, you'll be glad to know its back on next week! Tuesday, 311 Mansfield St at 6pm. We can't wait to see you there!
• Come along to Richards Big Bad Bible Study on Wednesdays at 11am at the Chapel for more golden teaching like we had from him on Sunday.
• Ra Tapu: Kia Ora, on Sunday 15th of Sept, Ra Tapu is going to hit the 🛹 Rec Centre 🛹 in Kilbirnie after church. The rink is open to the public until 2pm. . So if we head there after the service with our packed lunches 🥪, scooters, roller blades ⛸, skate boards & helmets, we should be able to fit in at least an hour on the rink. Please let me know if you are keen. We have some spare seats in our car and can drop home if you need a ride there & back. -Cilla
• Everybody's Choir runs Mondays at 1:30-2:30pm at St Toms Chapel.
• Old Spice Mens prayer group is on at 7am on Wednesday