Worlds best Encouragers
Kia ora whānau,
As we work our way through the book of Philippians on Sunday mornings, I was struck by the way that the Apostle Paul seemed to go out of his way to commend and honour his co-workers Timothy and Epaphroditus. They were already well known to the Philippians, but Paul basically says how awesome they were. That may have been one of the keys to understanding how successful Paul was in mission and discipleship - he knew how to encourage people.
So, my dear St Tom's whanāu, be encouraged today. You are an amazing group of people that Kirsty and I feel so privileged to be a part of. God is with you today. God has chosen you to be his people in Newtown and Berhampore (and everywhere else you live and work).. You are deeply loved, infinitely valuable, and wonderfully resourced by the living God. He will never abandon you. And when you walk through the darkest of times, he always walks with you.
Keep your eyes on Jesus,
This week’s message:
● Want to find out more about Urban Vision? Check out the poster below to see all the info you need about UMEC.
● Meet the Candidates: Paekawakawa/Southern Ward - Thurs 19th Sept 7pm. Meet your local Wellington City Council candidates and learn more about who they are and what they stand for, at St Anne's Hall, 22 Emmett St.
● We've been talking about the public demonstration on Friday 27 September lately. Its goal is to highlight the urgency of climate change and show decision-makers the extent of public support for bold action.The event will involve gathering with the public in Civic Square at 11:20am, walking down Lambton Quay, and arriving at Parliament lawns about 12:30. We'll then have a shared picnic together. If this sounds right up your alley but transport is the issue, chat to Tim Crawshaw and he'll help sort something out.
● Come to 311 Mansfield St for the last Soup and Stories of the term. Tuesday at 6pm. We've got delicious hot soup and fresh bread, and we're exploring the Book of Acts. See you there!
● Old-Spice Men's Prayer Group meets at 7am on Wednesdays for prayer and connection. Come along, you don't have to be old to join in!
● Youth Church is really taking off at the Cathedral every Sunday evening at 6. If you're a youth or a young adult you should come along!
● Richard's Big Bad Bible Study is on every Wednesday at 11am at the chapel.
●THERE WILL BE NO 8:30AM SERVICE ON THE 22ND OF SEPTEMBER